Resources for Braided Funding
This page is intended to be a one-stop resource page for our grant partners. When available, we will also link new grant and funding opportunities here as well as on the Kansas Commerce site:
U.S. Department of Labor Open Funding Opportunities are also found here:
State Apprenticeship Equity, Expansion and Innovation Grant
Objective: The State Apprenticeship Equity, Expansion, and Innovation Grant (SAEEI) funded through the U.S. Department of Labor has the goal to grow and expand Registered Apprenticeship in new occupations as well as create deeper connections with Kansas Local Workforce Boards.Period of Performance: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2025
- Q1 (July 1 – Sept 30) report due Oct 20, 2023
- Q2 (Oct 1 – Dec 31) report due January 19, 2024
- Q3 (January 1 – March 31) report due April 19, 2024
- Q4 (April 1 – June 30) report due July 19, 2024
- Q1 (July 1 – Sept 30) report due Oct 18, 2024
- Q2 (Oct 1 – Dec 31) report due January 17, 2025
- Q3 (January 1 – March 31) report due April 18, 2025
- Q4 (April 1 – June 30) report due July 18, 2025
- Enter data into RAPIDS AND KANSASWORKS.com
- This is imperative – non entry or entry only in one system or the other (for Registered Apprenticeship) will be considered non-compliance and will hold back reimbursement.
- Employer threshold update <$5,350 per employer!
- Each intermediary must still have at a minimum 20 new employers by the end of the grant period.
- Total amount expended for the purpose of employer incentives does not exceed $107,000 per intermediary by the end of the grant period.
- LWDB threshold update is no limit per participant!
- Participant threshold is based on LWDB’s policies for their participant services.
- SAEEI funds can only be used for SAEEI partners.
- Pre-Apprenticeship programs are a YES! It’s a WIN-WIN for the grant!
- Quality pre-apprenticeship programs can be entered and tracked in KANSASWORKS.com. Pre-apprentices can only be registered in KANSASWORKS.com and SAEEI funds can be used on this. Pre-apprentices cannot be entered into RAPIDS until they enter into a registered program and sign the required 671 form. Pre-apprentices will be counted as “participants served” but not toward “registered apprenticeship” numbers until they get registered in RAPIDS (which hopefully all do!).
- Quality pre-apprenticeship programs have a federal definition – and must lead to an established Registered Apprenticeship. For more information check out: https://www.apprenticeship.gov/employers/explore-pre-apprenticeship
- Outreach and social media shares!
- Our social media team is working to be more aggressive with partner programming! Please ensure any outreach you develop meets the requirements of the grant, and be sure to tag @KANSASWORKS. The social media team will try and share whenever possible! It’s even better if you can email your outreach calendar so the team can coordinate the calendar with ours.
- The intent of this grant is start up funds for your program; however, its up to you to develop sustainability. Your ATR’s will start asking you to develop a sustainability plan after the grant ends.